Samphire Hoe is an amazing place made from the material dug to create the Channel Tunnel, with something for everybody - a stunning location, wild flowers, birds, sea angling, peace and quiet, painting or walks.
Refreshments are available on site.
The site is accessible for all people, providing gentle and interesting walks - the further you get from the car park the more wild the site becomes.
Guided walks and other activities are regularly organised.
A new Education Shelter offers an exhibition space, classroom, store room and cloakroom. This is a great venue for activities and exhibitions.
Take a look at our What's On listing to discover the events taking place here in the forthcoming months.
Prices and Opening Hours
Please visit www.samphirehoe.com for details.
- Off the A20 carriageway, between Dover and Folkestone, CT17 9FL
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 293391 Lat: 51.27536 Long: 1.33957
- Off the A20 carriageway between Dover-Folkestone.
- Pay and Display car park. In February 2012, current rates are: up to 30 mins 50p; 30 mins-2 hours £1.00; anything over 2 hours £2.00.
- Disabled badge holders and motorcycles are free.