Dover Transport Museum
Dover Transport Museum is set in nearly two acres of attractive grounds, with ample free car and coach parking.
The museum's two large galleries include over fifty historic road vehicles, many set in period street scenes, with shops and displays showing off the many exhibits and artefacts, and a vintage garage.
Many are unusual or unique, like our beautifully restored Romany Caravan and our Aveling & Porter steam roller!
Working model railways, hundreds of models, maritime history displays, and many other displays which go beyond just transport, make an enjoyable visit for everyone.
Get a fascinating glimpse of old Dover's streets and a wartime Anderson Shelter.
Fans of Thomas the Tank Engine will love our newly-restored St Thomas 0-6-0 Saddle
Tank Engine from Snowdown Colliery!
The tea room, which is open in the summer on Sundays, provides light refreshments.
You are welcome to picnic in our grounds.
School and Group Visits at any time by arrangement.
Don't miss our events!
(St Thomas image copyright K Ryckembeusch - Dover Transport Museum.)
- Adults £7.00
- Seniors £6.00
- Children £4.00 (Age 5-16)
- Concessions £6.00
- Family £18.00 (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children)
- Annual tickets available.
Tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Event tickets are NOT valid for 12 months and prices may vary.
- 3 January - 6 March: Sundays only 10:30 - 15:00 (Last entry 14:15)
- 12 March - 30 October Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays 10:30 - 17:00 (last entry 16:00)
- Museum is closed for refurbishment from 30 October 2016 to 8 January 2017
- Closed Christmas and New Year's Day
- 9 January 2017 to March 2017 Sundays only 10:30 - 15:00 (Last entry 14:15)
Please check www.dovertransportmuseum.org.uk for any changes to scheduled opening times before setting out.
- Dover Transport Museum, Willingdon Road, Whitfield, Dover, Kent, CT16 2JX
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 301441 Lat: 51.14987 Long: 1.28873
- The Transport Museum is situated just off A2. Follow tourist brown signs from big roundabout (3rd exit from Canterbury, 1st exit from Dover). The museum is situated off dual carriageway.
- Parking : free
- Accessible by Public Transport : 3 miles (4.8 kms) from Dover Priory train station.