Dover Transport Museum
Dover Transport Museum is set in nearly two acres of attractive grounds, with ample free car and coach parking.
The museum's two large galleries include over fifty historic road vehicles, many set in period street scenes, with shops and displays showing off the many exhibits and artefacts, and a vintage garage.
Many are unusual or unique, like our beautifully restored Romany Caravan and our Aveling & Porter steam roller!
Working model railways, hundreds of models, maritime history displays, and many other displays which go beyond just transport, make an enjoyable visit for everyone.
Get a fascinating glimpse of old Dover's streets and a wartime Anderson Shelter.
In the grounds, you will find our newly-restored St Thomas 0-6-0 Saddle Tank Engine from Snowdown Colliery, perfect for young Thomas the Tank engine fans. A new mini railway is operated during good weather and the restored vintage machinery in Arter’s Workshop is operated during opening hours. The WWII Anderson Shelter is always open and reminiscent for many visitors.
The Tram Stop Café offers hot and cold choices, delicious cakes and various beverages at very reasonable prices
We welcome School and Group visits by prior arrangement and offer attractive rates.
Don’t miss our Special Events throughout the season.
Up-to-date information is available on our website www.dovertransportmuseum.org.uk
(Images copyright Jim Wheeler - Dover Transport Museum.)
- Adults £7.00
- Seniors £6.00
- Children £4.00 (Age 5-16)
- Concessions £6.00
- Family £18.00 (2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children)
- Annual tickets available.
Tickets are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
Event tickets are NOT valid for 12 months and prices may vary.
- Winter Opening: 8 January - 17 March; Sundays only:10.30am - 3pm; Last entry 2.15pm
- Spring & Summer Opening: 18 March - 31 October Wednesday, Saturday, Sundays & Bank Holidays - 10:30am - 5.00pm; Last Entry 4:00pm
Please check www.dovertransportmuseum.org.uk for any changes to scheduled opening times before setting out.
- Dover Transport Museum, Willingdon Road, Whitfield, Dover, Kent CT16 2JX
- See location on Google Maps.
- Map reference: TR 301441 Lat: 51.14987 Long: 1.28873
- The Transport Museum is situated just off A2. Follow tourist brown signs from big roundabout (3rd exit from Canterbury, 1st exit from Dover). The museum is situated off dual carriageway.
- Parking : free
- Accessible by Public Transport : 3 miles (4.8 kms) from Dover Priory train station.