Timeball Tower Museum
The Timeball Tower is situated on the seafront at Deal and was established in 1855.
Within the museum there are video, static and interactive displays covering three centuries of involvement in signalling, the fight against smuggling, and as a vital link in safe navigation of distant oceans.
The timeball was designed to drop at 1300 GMT to give an accurate time check to shipping off Deal.
The museum is on 4 floors with no ramp or lift access. If you have a disability, please telephone the museum in advance.
Groups and coach trips are welcome, but please give prior notice.
- Adults £3.00
- Children £2.00
- Students £2.00
- Under 5's free
- Group Rates and Family tickets as negotiated.
- 1 June to 1 October Open Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays 11:30 - 16:30
- Bank Holiday Mondays - please check website www.dealtimeball.co.uk.
- Timeball Tower Museum, Prince of Wales Terrace, Deal, Kent CT14 7BP
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 378524 Lat: 51.22194 Long: 1.40436
- On Deal seafront, halfway between Pier and Castle
- Parking : with charge
- Accessible by Public Transport : Deal station
Images kindly provided by Deal Museums Trust