Betteshanger Country Park (formerly Fowlmead)
Betteshanger Country Park, situated between Deal and Sandwich, is located amid open landscape overlooking the Kent coast.
Formerly a Kent coalfield site, this £18.8m development is an example of regeneration at its best, providing activities such as walking, cycling, fossiling, archery, and geocaching. Families can also enjoy the play area and kids can have fun on the BMX tracks.
There is also an abundance of wildlife to see within the park's natural habitats.
The Visitor Centre is located near the entrance and car park. Teh cafe is located here. Also, showers, toilets and baby changing area with full disabled access and free of charge.
The cafe, located in the Visitor Centre, offers a wide selection of drinks, snacks, and sandwiches. Also cater for children’s parties and groups with a range of menus to suit all budgets.
Cycling and Cycle Hire
A safe place to cycle as it's a traffic-free zone. A smooth 3km tarmack track. 10km of rugged mountain bike trails. Cycling lessons available. Please see the Betteshanger Park website for details. Cycle helmets must be worn by all cyclists.
Cycle Hire is open daily. With over 100 bikes available there is something for everyone from mountain bikes to tandem and tricycles. Child seats, trailers, weehoo tag-alongs are also available. Cycle helmets are included in cycle hire. To find out more about cycling facilities, please visit the Betteshanger Park website.
Dogs are welcome in the park, but please keep them on leads.
There are many events held throughout the year. Visit our What's On listing or the Betteshanger Park to discover more.
Please note, due to scheduled events, some of the tracks or facilities may be temporarily closed, please check the website for details before setting off.
- Free entry to the park.
- Parking charges are applicable. No tickets required. Number plate recognition cameras record your vehicle registration number on arrival. At the end of your visit, you can pay at the machines just by the Visitor Centre. The amount due will be calculated for you: 0-20 mins Free; 20 mins - 1 hour £1.00; 1-3 hours £2.00; 3 hours & over £3.00.
- Visit the Betteshanger Park website for further details.
- Open 8am daily
- 13 Feb - 24 March: 8am to 5.30pm; 25 March - 2 October 8am - 8pm; 3 - 30 October 8am - 5.30pm; 1 Nov - 11 Feb 8am - 4.30pm
- Café (in the Visitor Centre): Weekdays 9.30 - 4pm; Weekends 9.30 - 5pm
- Bike Hire: 9.30am onwards - last bike hire 4.30pm. Cycle helmets included.
- Betteshanger Country Park, Sholden, Deal, Kent, CT14 0BF
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 349531 Lat: 51.22872 Long: 1.36312
- Betteshanger Country Park can be found on the A258 Deal to Sandwich road, approximately 2 miles from Deal. The roundabout for Betteshanger Country Park is located between Cottington Fisheries and the Old Lorry Farm Shop. The Park is within 10 miles of the A2 at Whitfield.
- Parking : with charge
- Nearest station : 2 miles (3.2 kms) from stations at Deal & Sandwich.
- Formerly known as Fowlmead Country Park - change of name in July 2015.