MacFarlane's World of Butterflies
TEMPORARILY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC DUE TO REFURBISHMENT
MacFarlane’s World of Butterflies is a fun and educational day out for all the family. Marvel at these stunningly beautiful, exotic insects from around the world and learn about their astonishing life cycle. Watch as your children’s eyes light up in amazement while they stroll through our ‘tropical rainforest’ and into our World of Butterflies where they will discover swallow tails, fritillaries, dainty heliconids, impressive owl butterflies and giant Atlas moths flying freely amongst bougainvillea, hibiscus, oleander, lantana and gigantic fruiting banana plants.
We welcome educational and adult groups, families and individuals to experience our unique world. A member of our dedicated and highly knowledgeable team will offer you a free guided tour and for our school groups we will happily include educational talks and fun worksheets. What’s more, no two visits are ever the same as the variety changes constantly depending on the season.
- Adults £3.00
- Children (3-16) £2.00
- Children under 3 free
- Family (2adults+2children) £8.50
- Concessions £2.50
- Special rates for small groups.
- Coach tour/group and School rates available.
Temporarily closed for refurbishment
- Open 7 days a week - April to October - 10am to 5pm
- Closed Easter Sunday.
- Macfarlane's World of Butterflies, Canterbury Road, Swingfield, Nr. Folkestone, Kent, CT15 7HX
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 213428 Lat: 51.14166 Long: 1.16231
- By Car, from A2 take the A260 Folkestone exit. From the M20 take the A260 Hawkinge exit.
- Ample free parking.
- Accessible by Public Transport : Folkestone Central station
- Disabled groups welcome.