Alkham Court Farmhouse
VisitEngland 5 Star Farmhouse ~ VisitEngland Gold Award ~ VisitEngland Rose Award 2016 for outstanding service ~ TSE Highly Commended 2008 ~ VisitEngland Breakfast Award ~ TSE Silver Award 2009 ~ TSE Gold Award, Beautiful South Awards for Excellence 2012-2013 ~ VisitEngland Award for Excellence 2013 Gold Winner
Come and spoil yourselves at our luxury award winning 5 star farmhouse. Relax in our indoor new hot tub & sauna. Enjoy generous breakfasts, log fire and sunsets making your stay extra special and memorable.
Our four bedrooms are beautifully decorated with ensuite facilities. Each room has its own private entrance, kingsize or twin beds and ground floor rooms available with fresh fruit and flowers. Excellent breakfasts cooked in our farmhouse range, specializing in local produce and served in our Oak Room with spectacular views. Guests are able to enjoy our garden, stroll or picnic in our wild flower paddock and enjoy our farm walk with wonderful views.
10 mins from Dover and the famous 'White Cliffs'. 20 minutes from Canterbury. Excellent touring base. Ideal for short breaks. Featured in The Sunday Times, Great British Weekends and Enjoy England's 100 finest places to stay in England. ONE NIGHT BOOKINGS MAY BE AVAILABLE PLEASE TELEPHONE FOR DETAILS.
Hot tub undercover with views across the valley. Sauna facility. All towels and robes provided. Secure bike park. Ground floor rooms. Restricted smoking. Shortbreaks. Children welcome from any age.
Or why not try glamping? Our beautifully restored Shepherd's Hut
allows you to escape to the countryside in luxury.
Farmhouse with 4 rooms
Glamping with 1 shepherd's hut
B&B: £70 - £85 per person
Meggett Lane, South Alkham, Dover, Kent, CT15 7DG
- see location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 253412 Lat: 51.12575 Long: 1.21840
- By car: From London M20 - A20 Roundhill Tunnel - immediately at end of tunnel exit A260 Canterbury, turn left at roundabout, left again in Alkham Valley. At next roundabout follow signs to Alkham. After 2.5 miles turn right into Meggett Lane and Alkham Court is on the right just before the top of the hill.
- By train: Nearest stations - Folkestone Central, Dover Priory, Kearsney (taxi required to get to us).
- Please see our website for special break offers.
Self-assessed accessibility details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is gravel onto a concrete path
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Has a ramp
- Steps to the main entrance - 1
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Entrance to reception
- One or more bedrooms
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Sugar free (diabetic)
- Gluten free (coeliac)
- Bedroom furniture can be re-arranged if requested by guest
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Separate shower unit
- Bath with shower
- Separate shower unit with fixed shower seat or shower chair available
- Bedrooms available with en suite bathrooms suitable for guests who use a wheelchair
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours
Level parking area adjacent to house, with parking, if required, alongside the ground floor rooms.One access step 4” high, a portable ramp can be made available. All-night internal and external lighting. Garden & Wisteria Rooms are both ground level rooms accessible by wheelchairs. Breakfast is served in the Oak Room accessed via an external path sloped gradually up to the entrance. There is a 4” entrance step with wide doors. See our website www.alkhamcourt.co.uk for full Access Statement.