Things to Do in Sandwich
Sandwich - Must See
Sandwich - History and Heritage
- Richborough Roman Fort & Amphitheatre - An English Heritage site. Impressive ruins of the Roman Township at Richborough mark the point from which the Romans launched their successful invasion of Britain in AD 43. Extensive remains of the walls and defensive ditches can be seen.
- Sandwich Guildhall - built in 1579 -tours of the building include visits to the ancient Court Room, Council Chamber and Mayor's Parlour.
- Sandwich Guildhall Museum - tells the story of Sandwich from medieval times to the present day.
- St Peter's Church, Sandwich - has 11th century origins, and is where Thomas Paine, who wrote The Rights
of Man and coined the phrase The United States of America, was married in 1759.
- St Mary's Church, Sandwich - may be the oldest church site in Sandwich where a 7th century convent was founded. There remains substantial parts of a large Norman church.
- White Mill Rural Heritage Centre
Sandwich - Coastal
Sandwich - Nature and Wildlife
Sandwich - Golf , Leisure and Entertainment
- Delf Cinema - Art deco cinema in the heart of Sandwich.
- Sandwich Leisure Centre
- Prince's Golf Club - A classic championship links golf club with 3 loops of 9 holes which begin and end at the clubhouse. This internationally renowned club welcomes visitors seven days a week. Sea views.
- Royal St George's Golf Club - hosted many major tournaments in addition to the Open Championship, for both Amateur and Professional golfers. Challenging 18 hole course, with stunning sea views.
Sandwich Events to watch out for!
- Le Weekend
- Sandwich Celebration
- Sandwich Festival
- Sandwich Folk n Ale