Back to Business
Dover District Council have a brand new one-stop-shop for getting you safely back to business.
With the Government's gradual easing of lockdown restrictions, our focus is shifting towards getting the local economy back on track. We recognise that the need for continued social distancing, and enhanced hygiene measures, is challenging for many local businesses. Therefore, we have set up our Back to Business Hub to help you find the right support to go back to business safely.
From 15th June 2020, our dedicated hotline will be open from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
For all Covid advice and the latest news and information on how to get help for your residents and businesses, please visit the Dover District Council website.
Tourism industry information
VisitBritain/VisitEngland have announced a recovery webinar programme which will launch on Tuesday 30th June.
The programme will start with Spotlight on inbound and domestic research and insights – taking a look at their latest trackers, and consumer sentiment surveys. Drawing on expert insight from within VisitBritain/VisitEngland and across the travel industry the free webinar programme offers practical advice for tourism businesses and valuable data-led insight from our global teams. Key note speakers will include Foresight Factory, Green Tourism, Get Your Guide, City Nation Place, Google Digital Garage, and Buffalo 7. For full details, see VisitBritain/VisitEngland’s Recovery webinars page.
- The latest information and advice for the UK Tourism and Travel industry can be found on the VisitBritain website, as well as on their dedicated Covid-19 updates page
- Kent & Medway Growth Hub – COVID-19 Business Support Hotline, Tel 03333 602300 (Phone lines open from 8.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday)
- For the latest Tourism South East updates and information visit TSE website
- Information for Visit Kent investors can be found on the Visit Kent website
- Support and advice from UKinbound
- A free online learning platform, ‘The Skills Toolkit’, has been launched by the Government to help people build their skills during the Covid-19 outbreak and beyond.
Other organisations have also announced funding support for small businesses, please see links below: