For advice and the latest news on coronavirus in Kent visit Dover District Council website.
Information regarding Government and Tourism advice and updates can also be found on the links below:
- For guidance for employers and business please visit the HM Government website, and for details of potential Government support to businesses please visit the HM Government’s Business Support website
- Identify what support is available to you and your business, please visit the Government’s 'support finder' tool
- Guidance for businesses on the Small Business Grants Fund (SBGF) and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund (RHLGF)
- Government online resources, including webinars, aimed at helping businesses understand the support available. You are able to register to attend future webinars or watch recorded sessions
- A free online learning platform, ‘The Skills Toolkit’, has been launched by the Government to help people build their skills during the Covid-19 outbreak and beyond
- Guidance for businesses on how to safely clean areas in non-healthcare settings such as: workplaces; offices, waiting rooms; hotel rooms and student accommodation
- The latest information and advice for the UK Tourism and Travel industry can be found on the VisitBritain website, as well as on their dedicated Covid-19 updates page
- Kent & Medway Growth Hub – COVID-19 Business Support Hotline, Tel 03333 602300 (Phone lines open from 8.30am to 6.30pm, Monday to Friday)
- For the latest Tourism South East updates and information visit TSE website
- Information for Visit Kent investors can be found on the Visit Kent website
- Support and advice from UKinbound
- Guidance for businesses seeking to help voluntary, community, and social enterprise organisations during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has been published.
- A revaluation of business rates will no longer take place in 2021 to help reduce uncertainty for firms affected by the impacts of coronavirus.
- HMRC has produced guidance on the treatment of taxable expenses and benefits when they are paid to employees because of coronavirus and how to report them.
- The CBI is running a webinar to provide finance, employment information and advice targeted to SMEs on May 11th (3:30pm).
- The guidance on critical workers has been updated to include those in food preparation and delivery as well as those in the passenger transport sectors.
- HMRC’s Digital Assistant is now able to answer questions on Coronavirus support schemes for businesses and the self-employed.
- Visit Kent has launched a series of free webinars designed to help your business through the Covid-19 pandemic, as part of the Interreg Experience project. Hear from expert businesses as they deliver inspiring and interactive sessions which will prepare your business for welcoming visitors in a new world of social distancing. Training sessions include:
- Communicating in a Crisis, delivered by Pillory Barn
Tuesday 26th May, 14:00-16:00
- Maximising Opportunities Across Google Solutions, delivered by Sleeping Giant Media
Monday 1st June, 14:00-16:00
Click here for more information and links to register.
Other organisations have also announced funding support for small businesses, please see links below: