Capel le Ferne Farmers Market
The Capel le Ferne Farmers Market is held in the Village Hall every Tuesday from 10am to 12.30pm, on the cliff-top with glorious sea views.
It has around 20 stalls each week selling
- quality meat, game and poultry
- fresh seafood
- deli items
- Scotch eggs
- assorted desserts
- jams, pickles and chutneys all made from local produce
- tropical Mauritian Indian specialities
- bread, pies, cakes and pastries, freshly baked bread, rolls, pies & cakes
- chocolates and fudge.
- 17 varieties of apples, 12 varieties of plums, four varieties of pears and an assortment of berries.
Exploring Capel and The Warren
Lunch can be taken at the Clifftop Cafe, the Royal Oak or the Valiant Sailor, before wandering across to the Battle of Britain Memorial and then down to the East Cliff & Warren Country Park.
The Warren is a great place to discover the wildlife of the white cliffs of the Heritage Coast and is well known for fossil hunting. The area is of national importance for wildlife and for the importance of its geology, and is protected as a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). Part of the site has been declared a Country Park and Local Nature Reserve.