The 149th Open
The 149th Open returns to The Royal St George’s Golf Club in Sandwich from 12 – 19 July 2020.
This will be the 18th time The Open has been held in White Cliffs Country and will draw world-class players to the Championship as they compete for the famous Claret Jug.
After a record-breaking launch, tickets for the 149th Open are on sale!
We look forward to welcoming players, spectators, visitors and families to this major sporting event in #WhiteCliffsCountry.
Royal St George’s Golf Club is a famously challenging 18-hole links course set in 450 acres of SSI dune land. Golfers can enjoy beautiful surroundings, with wild flowers, dune grasses and of course stunning sea views. The traditional and historic clubhouse is the ideal venue from which to enjoy the best golf club lunch in the country after a game.
Whether an amateur or professional, White Cliffs Country has some fantastic golf courses. Prince’s Golf Club is a classic 27-hole championship links course and hosted the Open Championship in 1932. With excellent practice facilities and said to be one of the finest link golf courses in the British Isles and hosts of the Open in 1909 and 1920 is Royal Cinque Ports Golf Club. Perched on top of the famous White Cliffs with sea views from every hole is Walmer and Kingsdown Golf Club. The 18-hole course has challenges for all abilities.
- After a day out on the links, we're sure you'll want more than a ham sandwich! Discover our restaurants, inns, bistros and micro-pubs for gastronomic delights!
- There's no better time to explore White Cliffs Country with its stunning, world-famous coastline and abundance of history! Why not bring your family, too?
- Whether you arrive by sea, air, rail or road...we have all the travel tips for The 149th Open! Download our maps and brochures and get planning!
- Whether you're looking for luxury golf holiday accommodation or planning a bespoke golf trip with friends and family, we've got the details >>>
- Home to four fantastic golf clubs: three coastal Championship links golf courses and one located on the famous White Cliffs! Find out more >>>
- White Cliffs Country is brimming with things to do and see from spectacular walks and cycling to activities and great places to visit.