Afternoon Tea and Kentish Cream Tea
Indulge in the quintessentially English pursuit of taking tea!
Dainty bone china cups and saucers, teapots with loose-leaf tea, majestic cake stands and vintage linens... or cheerful bunting and tablecloths with pretty flowers in vintage jugs on the table.
Sophistication, vintage, classic...whatever you prefer, White Cliffs Country offers you some of the best places for Afternoon Tea or a delicious Kentish Cream Tea.
There are plenty of places to choose from...but we've listed our top 10:
- Dover Marina Hotel & Spa - admire beautiful sea views with a Marina Cream Tea, Marina High Tea, Marina Afternoon Tea, or Children's Afternoon Tea.
- Mrs Knott's Tea Room at South Foreland Lighthouse - a quirky tearoom reminiscent of the 1950’s with vintage china cups (National Trust).
- The Lane in Deal - enjoy a range of sweet and savoury treats organised on a picnic bench to share.
- The Pines Garden Tea Room at St Margaret's Bay - a classic tea room and haven of tranquillity and peace…dogs are welcome, too!
- Romany Dreams Afternoon Teas - unique, relaxing Afternoon Tea in a vintage caravan surrounded by beautiful countryside at Romany Dreams. Groups of 4 minimum, maximum 8. Monday and Tuesday afternoons only. Please contact for bookings in advance.
- Little Harriettes of Deal Tea Room - it may be small, but this is a charming little tea room just by the seafront at Deal.
- The Glasshouse Café at Walmer Castle and Gardens where homemade scones are always a favourite after a stroll around the gardens and castle.
- Shelly's Tea Rooms - enjoy delicious tea time treats before a trip down to the bay at at St Margaret's.
Visit our Eat and Drink pages to find out more >>>