Days out on a budget
You don't always need to spend money to enjoy White Cliffs Country. We can offer plenty of activities and places to visit that are either free or inexpensive.
12 Things To Do for FREE!
- White Cliffs - enjoy stunning views and wildlife on a cliff top walk.
- Dover Museum - free admission to the museum and Bronze Age Boat Gallery.
- Samphire Hoe - interesting walks, cycling and fishing in an amazing coastal location.
- Betteshanger Park - for activities such as walking, cycling (& hire), fossiling, archery, and geocaching.
- Kearsney Abbey - relax whilst watching the wildlife on the lake.
- Linden Hall Studio - exhibitions showing the best of contemporary British Art including painting, sculpture, ceramics and glass.
- St Margaret's Museum - displays on local history including Ian Fleming and Noel Coward.
- Dover Bluebird Heritage Trail - discover Dover's amazing heritage with a guide, map and app.
- White Mill Rural Heritage Centre - restored Smock Mill with displays.
- The Battle of Britain Memorial (excluding the Scramble Experience) - visit the national memorial to the aircrew who won the Battle of Britain.
- Sandwich Guildhall Museum - See Sandwich's own Magna Carta and Charter of the Forest and discover the history of this quaint medieval town.
- Dover Marina Pier and Deal Pier - take a stroll along these local iconic landmarks and enjoy the views!
8 Things To Do for about £6 Per Adult
- Battle of Britain Memorial - including the Scramble Experience.
- Roman Painted House - exceptionally well preserved Roman Hotel.
- Crabble Corn Mill - classed as the finest in Europe.
- Deal Maritime & Local History Museum - local history museum with exhibitions and fascinating objects.
- The Pines Gardens, Tea Room and Museum - organic gardens, lake and grass labyrinth.
- Deal Timeball Tower - discover the tower's involvement in signalling, the fight against smuggling, and as a vital link in safe navigation.
- Maison Dieu - Dover Town Hall Guided Tour - founded in 1203 and has amazing history, stained glass windows and paintings.
- Swimming - free in the sea, but a few pennies more at our Leisure Centres.