Autumn in Dover, Deal and Sandwich
There's a nip in the air...trees, hedgerows and dahlias are a riot of colour, and fields are ploughed. Autumn has arrived!
Is it time for an autumnal break? Allow yourself to be tempted by our beautiful countryside and seascapes. We've got a lot of great ideas to help you on your way!
- There's such a great choice of Places to Stay in Dover, Deal, Sandwich and surrounding villages.
- Browse through the list of local Attractions. Most are open until October before closing for the winter season, but there are plenty that continue to open their doors throughout the year.
- In October things turn spooky! Are you feeling brave enough to take on Kent's most haunted castle - Dover Castle? Look out for those spine-tingling events at Dover Castle, Walmer Castle, Betteshanger Park and Crabble Corn Mill by visiting our What's On page.
- To appreciate the dramatic colour of the trees and falling leaves why not stroll through the fabulous Pines Gardens (and stop for a bowl of homemade soup!)? Kearsney Parks, Connaught Park and the gardens at Walmer Castle are all great places to appreciate the perfect blend of colours. Betteshanger Park offers space, walking and cycle routes, and stunning country views.
- With plenty of Places to Eat and Drink: Restaurants, cosy Tea Rooms, and traditional Pubs and Micropubs offering great hospitality...you'll be feeling very much at home by a mesmerising log fire!
- You'll be spoilt for choice with our selection of walks and cycle routes. Pop in to Dover Visitor Information Centre and Dover Museum to pick up a map. We have details of various walks to suit. Please ask a member of staff who will be happy to help.
- There are plenty of places to enjoy walking with your dog - visit our Pet Friendly section and look out for the Quality in Tourism Pets Welcome logo!
For more spooky and non-spooky ideas, please view our Events page!
And don't forget to visit our top attraction before you leave - the stunning White Cliffs of Dover - open daily!