Spring in Dover, Deal and Sandwich
It's the perfect time to...
- Get those walking boots on and explore!
- Dust off your bicycle and take advantage of some great cycle routes. If your cycle needs a little DIY then check out our list of cycle repair shops. If you haven't got a bicycle then there are plenty of places to hire one.
- Get up close to nature. Take advantage of places like Samphire Hoe and Betteshanger Park where you can enjoy wildlife. There are plenty of boards to explain the flora and fauna of the area. Our woodlands provide wonderful displays of wild flowers such as lesser celandine, wood anemone, yellow archangel, violets and bluebells. Early Purple Orchids can be spotted in April and early May, and Early Spider Orchids first appear in March. And, don't forget the White Cliffs, the perfect place for a nature trail.
- Coo over the baby lambs, ducklings and chicks. Visit Broadlees Farm and hold a lamb. Visit Kearsney Abbey with beautiful lakes giving shelter to goslings and ducklings.
- Visit our gardens - Pines Garden and Goodnestone Park Gardens - enjoy a world of bluebells, daffodils, tulips, and snowdrops.
- Listen to birdsong. The Kent woodland birds like various tits, finches and warblers will be marking their territories.
- Enjoy Easter Egg Hunts and indulge in those irresistible chocolate eggs. Visit our What's On page to discover the Easter events planned in White Cliffs Country!
- Visit local Attractions. Some have been open to visitors over the winter months, but many have been closed - providing an ideal opportunity to update and make changes for the new season. You'll be amazed to see how many places you can visit in White Cliffs Country!
- Add local Events to your calendar. As the weather gets warmer our enthusiasm to plan days out and events for the year increases. Get planning!