Winter in Dover, Deal and Sandwich
Visit Dover, Deal and Sandwich in Winter.
Enjoy bracing walks along the White Cliffs of Dover and experience our wonderful coastline and countryside. And then settle yourself beside a warming fire in one of our cosy pubs, or enjoy homemade soup in a character café and lose yourself in a book.
Many of our local attractions are open over the winter months - White Cliffs of Dover, Dover Museum, Samphire Hoe, Betteshanger Park, Dover Castle (weekends and school holidays), Walmer Castle (weekends and school holidays), Deal Castle (weekends and school holidays). We've compiled a list of Winter Opening but please do check the individual websites to access up-to-date information before you set off.
Christmas in White Cliffs Country
- Come along the White Cliffs Christmas Event at the Dover Cruise Terminal One and master the art of ice skating.
- Take the time to browse for that special gift in our independent shops.
- Plenty of hotels, restaurants, pubs, and microbreweries offer festive feasts and fun.
- Come along to the Christmas Lights Switch-On Events in Dover, Deal and Sandwich. Enjoy Carnivals, Parades, and Carols at the Bandstand.
- Find out about festive markets, pantos and church services throughout White Cliffs Country.
- Welcome the New Year with fireworks and celebration Events.
- If you are feeling brave, take part in our traditional Boxing Day Dips at Deal and Dover. Or enjoy the costumes and fun watching from the shore or pier.
Why not make plans for the coming year? Make sure you include a visit to White Cliffs Country on your bucket list! Come for a day, or stay for weekend or longer. Be sure of a warm welcome!