The holiday season is in full swing!
Whether you crave adventure or wish for a slower pace of life, you'll find it here in White Cliffs Country.
- Our Family Fun page has plenty of ideas to keep children occupied - activities at Betteshanger Park and Samphire Hoe, Wingham Wildlife Park...and don't miss the new Dover District Leisure Centre.
- Our beaches are safe and ideal for bathing, watersports and rockpooling. Have fun in the sun!
- Everytime you turn the corner there's another amazing view! Walking and cycling routes lead you to beautiful places high on the White Cliffs of Dover, to stunning bays at St Margaret's and Sandwich, to picturesque Deal and the tranquil, rolling countryside. Bring your camera...and leave your car at home!
- Discover our towns and villages. Wander around art galleries and museums, walk along the pier and dine with a sea view. Fall in love with the nautical town of Deal, and Sandwich - one of the most well-preserved medieval towns in Britain, and Dover with its wonderful hidden gems.
- A highlight to any visit is to explore our magnificent castles and forts. Discover the stories of our past in museums and ancient buildings - the bravery of the WWll pilots, look in wonder at a unique 3,500 year old Bronze Age Boat, and the special Magna Carta at Sandwich.
- Fancy sunshine and supper? White Cliffs Country is a great place to eat out with a wide variety of restaurants and gastro pubs, bistros and cafes - many offering locally sourced produce. Why not have a go at foraging, cookery classes or sampling local wines whilst here?
- If you want some thrills on the water, head to Dover Watersports and Dover Sea Safari - try a boat trip and some seal-spotting.
- Don't miss our great events and festivals in August - visit our What's On listing.
- Come for a day, or stay longer...and why not bring your four-legged friends along, too? Visit our Pet Friendly section.
Image: courtesy of Visit Kent.