Making plans and New Year Resolutions for 2019!
It seems that most of you prefer to set goals and re-adjust your focus, rather than make ‘resolutions’.
We’ve looked at the most popular trends for 2019, and here’s where we can help:
Get back into shape
- A new £26 million Dover District Leisure Centre will open soon in 2019. Fit for the future and offering a much wider range of state-of-the-art sport and leisure facilities.
- Take a look at the walking and cycling routes in White Cliffs Country. Enjoy places like Betteshanger Park and Samphire Hoe.
More 'me' time
- Promise yourself a little pampering time in the health and beauty spas.
- Enjoy the challenge of a new hobby or activity - improve your golf, find time for fishing, try watersports.
- Experience - unforgettable days out and new skills! Try cookery classes at Chequers Kitchen, forage and feast with The Wild Kitchen or get up close to animals at Wingham Wildlife Park.
- Make more of your leisure time - visit fascinating museums and inspiring galleries, entertainment and theatres.
- Discover your creative side! Don't forget to bring your camera/iPad or sketch book - we have fantastic view points, buildings and scenery just waiting for you.
Connect with family and friends
- Take a look at the stay section of our website. Why not organise a family-get-together weekend here in White Cliffs Country?
- Invite friends to join you for a day out - view our listings of attractions, activities, and places to eat and drink - or ask them to bring their passports and hop on a ferry for a day trip to France.
- The Port of Dover is known as the Gateway to England so visit Dover and use it as a starting point!
Rediscover the art of shopping
- Feeling guilty about the amount of time and money spent on internet shopping in 2018? Browse in the quaint and quirky shops in Deal and Sandwich. Once you've broken away from the halls of the mass-produced you'll be so inspired and feeling good that you'll be back for more. Don't forget the markets too!