National Mills Weekend 2018
Did you know we have some fine windmills and a watermill here in White Cliffs Country?
Celebrate the annual National Mills Weekend by visiting:
- Lower Road, River, Dover, Kent CT17 OUY
- Sunday 13 May from 10am to 4pm
- One of the most complete and working examples of a Georgian watermill in Europe. Six floors of exhibits and milling machinery describe the process of turning wheat into flour, and this wholemeal flour is available for sale at the Mill.
- Take a guided tour of the mill, watch dough making, admire traction engines and discover the history.
- Chillenden Mill, Chillenden, Nr Canterbury CT3 11PS
- An open-trestle post windmill - it is one of only 4 Kentish postmills and was the last to be built to this design.
- There have been windmills on this site since the 1300s.
- Unfortunately, the windmill may not be open to the public due to damage to the mill, however, it is clearly visible across the fields and there is a small area to park your car nearby.
- The Causeway, Ash Road, Sandwich, Kent, CT13 9JB
- A restored Smock Mill built 1760. Original wooden machinery, millers cottage with domestic displays.
- Open Saturday and Sunday for National Mills Weekend.
- Contact White Mill Rural Heritage Centre for opening details.
Please visit National Mills Weekend 2018 for further details about this special weekend.