We guarantee you'll fall in love with White Cliffs Country! You’ll be smitten with our stunning coastline, beautiful countryside, and wealth of history.
As Valentine's Day approaches, are you looking for that perfect romantic place? Let us help you to decide:
- First Light Coast and Country. Did you know the beautiful White Cliffs at St Margaret's indicate the most south-easterly point in Britain? These stunning shores are the first to experience the sunrise. A magical place to pop the question? There are plenty of hotels and guest houses nearby - you may wish to stay for a few days and dine with Champagne.
- If you are looking for a truly quirky and romantically quiet spot for the two of you, then consider a luxury stay in a renovated Shepherd’s Hut in the stunning Alkham Valley.
- Get your boots on and explore our charismatic countryside and discover our ancient trees. There is no guarantee that it will be the best weather for a picnic, but you'll be sure to come across a cosy pub with a welcome fire to warm you.
- Following in the footsteps of literary giants. For centuries, White Cliffs Country has inspired many famous writers. Our stunning clifftops, beaches and seascapes, charming towns and villages and meandrous countryside are so quintessentially English and full of history, traditions and beauty. Why not stand in the footsteps of the whimsical authors to see what inspired them, and maybe put pen to paper yourself!
- We've plenty of charismatic places to eat and drink in White Cliffs Country, and look out for our events, too!