White Cliffs Country is open for winter!
Don’t let the change of season put you off travelling!
White Cliffs Country – Dover, Deal, Sandwich – is definitely open for winter! Many of our local attractions keep their doors open during the cooler months so there's still plenty to do!
Instead of hibernating, why not:
- embrace the outdoors on a coastal walk
- find all kinds of everything in our retail parks and quirky, independent shops
- settle yourselves beside a warming fire in a cosy pub
- enjoy home-made soup in a character café and lose yourself in a book?
To help you plan your day out, winter weekend break or longer stay, here are a few things we think you'll find useful to know.
Visitor attractions open in winter:
Opening times may change so please check the relevant websites or contact the attractions directly.
- Birds of Prey Sky Show, Owl Experience - Betteshanger Park: 24 November
- Christmas in Dover: 1-2 December
- WWll Christmas at Dover Castle: 1 December
- Sandwich Christmas Parade and Lights Switch-On: 1 December
- White Cliffs Christmas ICE-travaganza: 2018 Sunday 2 Dec and more White Cliffs Christmas dates >>>
- Christmas at Crabble Corn Mill: Sunday 2 December, Sunday 9 December
- Community Carols at Crabble Corn Mill: Tuesday 11 December
- Deal Christmas Carnival Parade: Sat 15 December
- South Foreland Lighthouse:open New Year’s Day - details on the National Trust website
- Family friendly tour of Fort Burgoyne: Sunday 13 January
Visit our What's On for the full list of Events >>>
From quirky independent shops to busy leisure retail parks, there's plenty of reasons to shop in White Cliffs Country. Visit our Shopping page for details.
Places to Eat and Drink
White Cliffs Country is nestled in the Garden of England and naturally we place huge importance on fresh, local produce. Our restaurants and cafés offer local fish and seafood on their menus as well as seasonal fruit and vegetables sourced from our many local delicatessens, markets and farm shops. Dover Sole is a must-have, and don’t forget to have traditional Fish and Chips before you leave the coast! Visit our Eat and Drink pages to discover more >>>
If you have any questions, do contact one of the team at Dover Visitor Information Centre on 01304 201066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We can help with accommodation enquiries, maps and general information.