Romantic Coast and Country
Fall in love with White Cliffs Country on a romantic coastal break! You’ll be smitten and charmed by our stunning coastline, beautiful countryside, and wealth of history.
With so much love in the air, it seems White Cliffs Country is the perfect location for a special Valentine's Day!
- Did you know the beautiful White Cliffs at St Margaret's indicate the most south-easterly point in Britain? These stunning shores are the first to experience the sunrise. A magical place to pop the question, perhaps? There are plenty of hotels and guest houses nearby - you may wish to stay for a few days and dine with Champagne.
- If you are looking for a truly quirky and romantically quiet spot for the two of you, then consider luxury glamping in an authentic vintage shepherd’s hut in the stunning Alkham Valley.
- Unwind and relax together on a romantic spa break. Visit the new luxurious Waterfront Spa & Health Club at Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel.
- For those that love the outdoors, get your boots on and explore our charismatic countryside and discover our ancient trees. There is no guarantee that it will be the best weather for a picnic, but you'll be sure to come across a cosy pub with a welcome fire to warm you.
- Following in the footsteps of literary giants. For centuries, White Cliffs Country has inspired many famous writers. Our stunning clifftops, beaches and seascapes, charming towns and villages and meandrous countryside are so quintessentially English and full of history, traditions and beauty. Why not stand in the footsteps of the whimsical authors to see what inspired them, and maybe put pen to paper yourself?
- Enjoy a mouthwatering menu of St Valentine's Day delights at the numerous places to eat and drink in Dover, Deal, Sandwich and surrounding villages.
- To find out What's On, take a look at our Events listing!