Cruise Shuttle Bus from Dover Cruise Terminals to the Town Centre and Dover Castle
Shuttle buses operate a ‘hop on’ and ‘hop off’ day service from the Cruise Terminal to Market Square (Dover town centre), calling at Dover Castle.
- Services operate from 8am to 6pm
- The buses run every 20 minutes
Cruise Bus Service from Dover Town Centre to the White Cliffs of Dover
- Service runs every hour on the hour from 10am to 4pm
- YMS bus leaves Market Square, passes by Dover Castle to the White Cliffs of Dover Visitor Centre (National Trust)
- YMS bus returns an hour later
- Last return bus leaves at 5pm from the White Cliffs and calls at Dover Castle
- Tickets are £5 - €7 - $8 US dollars
- Your ticket is for the day and you can use it as many times as you like
- Your ticket can be used for the Shuttle buses operating between the Cruise Terminals, Market Square and Dover Castle and the hourly bus service to the White Cliffs of Dover
Tickets are sold by:
- Dover Visitor Information Centre & Dover Museum (cash and cards accepted)
- The driver on the YMS bus (cash only - buses do not have card facilities)
Please check the website www.bluebuscompany.co.uk/blue-bus-company for details or changes to the timetable.
Please note: although walking from the White Cliffs to Dover Castle looks easy and close on the map, the road connecting them has no footway. For safety reasons you are advised to use the shuttle service provided instead of attempting to walk.
This service resumes on 21 March 2018.
Within easy access of London and the continent, White Cliffs Country is perfect for a short break. Only 75 minutes on a cross channel ferry whilst both the M20 and M2 are both within easy reach.
Travelling by Rail
There are regular train services to London Waterloo, London Charing Cross and London Victoria.
The High Speed Rail offers faster travel between Sandwich, Deal, Walmer, Martin Mill or Dover and London St Pancras. For instance, the journey from London St Pancras and Dover Priory takes just over an hour - which is perfect for a daytrip to the coast! However, at the moment the railway line is closed between Dover Priory and Folkestone Central due to sea wall damage. A replacement bus service is operating between stations to enable passengers to continue with their journey. Please check times and alternative routes via the Southeastern Railway website. The damaged part of the track was closed in January 2016 and not expected to re-open until Summer 2016.
Eurostar operates a high speed rail link to the continent, and for train travel from Folkestone to Calais with a car contact Eurotunnel for further details.
Travelling by Bus or Coach
National Express operates frequent coach travel between London and Dover. Change in London Victoria for coaches to the rest of the UK.
All Visitor Information Centres within White Cliffs Country are agents for National Express and have local bus timetables for the district. Just pop in and see them.
Travelling by Car
Dover is within quick and easy reach of both the M2 and M20, the motorway links from London.
For up-to-date road information click on www.highways.gov.uk/traffic
Travelling by Air