Within easy access of London and the continent, White Cliffs Country is perfect for a short break. Only 75 minutes on a cross channel ferry whilst both the M20 and M2 are both within easy reach.
Travelling by Rail
There are regular Southeastern train services to London St Pancras, London Waterloo, London Charing Cross and London Victoria.
- The High Speed Rail offers faster travel between Sandwich, Deal, Walmer, Martin Mill or Dover and London St Pancras. For instance, the journey from London St Pancras and Dover Priory takes just over an hour - which is perfect for a daytrip to the coast!
- Eurostar operates a high speed rail service to the continent.
- Eurotunnel Le Shuttle is easily reached from Junction 11a on the M20. Taking just 35 minutes to Calais, it is a popular choice when taking your car.
Travelling by Bus or Coach
- National Express operates frequent coach travel between London and Dover. Change at London Victoria for coaches to the rest of the UK. Eurolines coach services travel across Europe departing the UK at Dover Port.
- All Visitor Information Centres within White Cliffs Country are agents for National Express and have Stagecoach local bus timetables for the district. Just pop in for advice and bookings!
Travelling by Car
- Dover is within quick and easy reach of both the M2 and M20, the motorway links to London.
- There is plenty of parking within the district, all easily accessible from main routes. You can pay by credit/debit cards, cash and euros.
- Parking information »
Travelling by Air
Travelling by Sea
- Travelling to Dover couldn’t be easier! The Port of Dover is Europe’s busiest and most successful port offering crossings approximately every 30 minutes. The ferry terminals are open daily, 24 hours a day!
- Ferry companies DFDS Seaways and P&O Ferries operate from the The Port of Dover - Eastern Docks.
- You will need a full passport. Documentation to be presented on arrival at the port.
- Allow plenty of time for your ferry. You may expect queues at Border Controls.
Travelling to and from the Port of Dover
- P&O Ferries provides a regular shuttle bus service (approx every 20 minutes) between Dover Priory Railway Station and the Eastern Docks Ferry Port, between the hours of 7am-9pm daily. There is a small charge for this service.
- Dover Priory Railway Station is about 1.5 miles from the port. Regular services to key destinations eg London (1 hour) or Canterbury (20 minutes).
- National Express - coaches stop directly outside the ferry terminal. Travelling to London Victoria takes approx 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- Taxi rank directly outside Passenger Terminal.
- Dover town is about a mile away from the port and takes approx 20 minutes to walk.
- Dover Visitor Information Centre is located with Dover Museum in Market Square.