Welcome back to White Cliffs Country!
From the 4th July, we will be delighted to be able to welcome you back to White Cliffs Country (Dover, Deal and Sandwich) to enjoy our beautiful district safely.
There has been much happening behind the scenes to ensure that we have everything in place for you and your family to have a safe and enjoyable visit with us.
Things will look a little different this year, so bear with us – but it is important that you are aware of these new changes before your visit.
The following recommendations will help ensure that you have a great and safe time in White Cliffs Country:
- Plan ahead. It is essential to plan ahead and do your research before leaving home, this includes pre-booking your accommodation and any excursions and activities that you are hoping to do. Have a look at our website for inspiration and information.
- Contact businesses. Unfortunately, not everything will be open at this point and some businesses will have altered their opening times, so please check ahead to ensure that you are updated and remain Covid secure.
- Attractions. To avoid queuing and disappointment, many attractions have now introduced online pre-bookable tickets and timed visits to manage visitor numbers. Please check ahead.
- Places to eat and drink. Many will require you to book ahead online or by phone, but if you prefer to take away your food, some of our food businesses now provide this popular option.
- Payment. Over the past few months, contactless payment has become common practice across the country. If you prefer to pay with cash, it will be advisable to check with the business ahead of your purchase.
- Public transport. Currently in England is mandatory to wear face masks on public transport.
White Cliffs Country is a responsible destination and we will continue to work with and encourage our businesses to follow all Government guidance and information during this crucial period as the country starts to open up once again.
Inline with the Government guidance, we recommend that social distancing and hand washing remain the two key actions to help protect everyone and many of our businesses have invested in providing additional hygiene to ensure that Covid secure protocols, to help to keep you safe.
We ask you to please follow and respect any additional measures put in place and act with consideration for those around you. It is essential during this time that we do all that we can to protect the health of our local community and those visiting to avoid any further outbreaks.
To help make any decisions to travel to White Cliffs Country, we recommend that you read and familiarise yourself with the latest Government guidelines.
Respect, protect and enjoy White Cliffs Country.