Dover District Leisure Centre
The new £26m Dover District Leisure Centre opened its doors on Monday 25 February, marking the culmination of a three year project to bring modern and accessible leisure facilities to the Dover district. Built to BREEAM ‘Very Good’ standard by BAM Construction, and operated by Places Leisure, the centre includes the first publicly accessible 8-lane county standard short course championships swimming pool in Kent, certified by Swim England.
- The 25m x 17m 8-lane swimming pool includes starting platforms, automatic timing touch pads with an electronic scoreboard, and anti-turbulence lane ropes. With spectator seating for 250 people, the centre is a major new venue for competitive swimming in the county.
- A 15m x 8.5m learner pool with a moveable floor
- Four court sports hall
- Clip ‘n Climb interactive climbing arena with 16 different challenges
- 120-station gym and fitness suite
- Aerobic fitness studios (x2)
- Spin studio
- Multi-purpose studio
- Glass-backed squash courts with spectator seating (x2)
- Outdoor, floodlit five-a-side 3G pitches (x2)
- Sauna and steam room
- Free parking for 250 vehicles, including electric charging points.
- Fitness Fields, Whitecliffs Business Park, Whitfield, Dover, Kent, CT16 3FZ
- 250 free parking spaces