Saxon Shore Way
Follow Kent's ancient coastline for 160 miles (257km) from Gravesend in North Kent to Hastings in East Sussex.
Following the Saxon Shore Way in White Cliffs Country you can:
- begin your walk at the Sandwich Nature Reserve and walk along the flat coastal path passing championship golf courses
- at the pretty nautical town of Deal walk along the flat promenade that stretches for miles towards Kingsdown - there are plenty of places to stop for refreshements and you'll see attractions like Deal Pier, the Timeball Tower, Deal Castle and Walmer Castle & Gardens
- at Kingsdown, take the stairs to the cliff top and follow the coastal path to St Margaret's Bay where there are places to stop for refreshments and attractions like South Foreland Lighthouse, The Pines Garden and the historic seaside Coastguard Pub & Restaurant
- walk along the famous White Cliffs of Dover until you reach the flat promenade leading you along Dover seafront
- follow the trail up on to Shakespeare Cliff and continue your journey towards Capel and beyond.
For more details, please visit the Explore Kent website.