Battle of Britain Memorial
A unique tribute to the men of the RAF who defeated the Luftwaffe in the Battle of Britain in 1940. The clifftop memorial, replica Spitfire and Hurricane and Christopher Foxley-Norris Memorial Wall provide a calm place of reflection and pilgrimage.
The Wing, meanwhile, is a modern, interactive visitor centre that uses high-tech audio-visual displays and hands-on exhibits to tell the tale of the Battle of Britain and appeals to young and old alike. A well-stocked shop featuring signed memorabilia and a first-floor cafe with spectacular views across the Channel to France add to the appeal of this special place of remembrance
- Pedestrian access to the site (including the Memorial) is free.
The Memorial, Christopher Foxley-Norris Memorial Wall and replica Spitfire and Hurricane
- The Memorial site is open daily to pedestrians.
The Wing (Scramble Experience and Geoffrey Page Centre), Cockpit Cafe, Shop and Car Park
- 1 March to end of September: 10am - 5pm
- 1 October to end of February: 10am to 4pm
Please visit Battle of Britain Memorial website for details.
Groups and eduational visits
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The site (including the Memorial, Christopher Foxley-Norris Memorial Wall and replica Spitfire and Hurricane) is FREE to visit.
Please note: there is a small parking charge.
The Scramble Experience
- Adult: £6.00; OAP & Friends of the Few £5.00; Child (5-16) £4.00; Under 5s free; Family (2+2) £16.50
- New Dover Road, Capel-le-Ferne, Folkestone, Kent, CT18 7JJ
- See location on Google maps
- Map reference: TR 242380 Lat: 51.09744 Long: 1.20072
- The site is approached from either Dover or Folkestone on the B2011 at Capel-le-Ferne
- Parking: there is a small charge for parking
- Nearest station: 5 miles (8 kms) from Folkestone Central station