This 6 acre garden has many fine features including a cascade and adjoining lake, a specially created grass labyrinth and organic kitchen garden with over 40 different species of fruit and vegetables. There are extensive paths for buggy and wheelchair access, and lots of seating for visitors to come and relax at any time of the year.
The Pines Garden has been run organically since the Spring 2002. This is far more than just not using herbicides and pesticides and more to do with working in harmony with the natural systems, composting, recycling waste materials and learning how to use natural predators to control pests. Access for disabled, ample seating, and great for picnics. Dogs allowed but must be on a lead.
Ensure that you take the time to relax in our tea room which serves hot and cold drinks along with freshly made sandwiches, light lunches and delicious home made cakes. Our tea room is situated across the garden and open Wednesday to Sunday 10:30 to 16:00 and Bank Holidays in the summer months.
Visit our Museum and discover what it was like for those in St Margaret's during World War Two living in Hellfire Corner. There are interesting exhibits and local history displays, and costumes to try on!
The Pines Garden includes the award winning Conference, Training and Events Centre, The Pines Calyx. The building is an exemplar in low carbon design, blending centuries old construction methods with 21st Century technologies.
The Pines Calyx is also available for private hire and has a licence for wedding and other ceremonies.
Entrance to the garden is by donation. Suggested minimum amounts:
- Adults £4
- Concessions £2.50
- Children £1.50
- Garden open daily 10am-5pm, except Christmas Day
- The Tea Room and Museum
- April to September: Open daily
- October to March: Wednesday to Sunday
- The Pines Garden, Tea Room & Museum, Beach Road, St Margarets Bay, Dover, Kent, CT15 6DZ
- See location on Google maps.
- Map reference: TR 366440 Lat: 51.14808 Long: 1.38299
- From Dover/Deal Road (A258) take the turning to St Margaret's village. Drive straight through the village towards the sea, drop down towards the Bay and it is your last turning on the right before going down to the sea.
- Parking : free
- Nearest station : 3 miles (4.8 kms) from Martin Mill station
- Quality Assured Visitor Attraction