Our children mean the world to us and spending time with them is the most precious thing we can do.
If you are thinking about a stress-free place for a family holiday or a day out, then we hope our family friendly page will inspire you to visit White Cliffs Country.
Enjoy a slower pace of life, experience coastal living but still get a buzz of excitement and feel energised to explore.
Our boredom-busting snippets
Get out and about
- The perfect place for safe cycling, walking, geocaching, orienteering, archery, fossil hunting, nature and wildlife. There's a safe play area, too. Don't miss the fun events taking place throughout the year. Cycle hire (including helmets) is available, including Weehoo Tag-alongs, Trailer buggies and tandems. Dogs on leads, please.
- A great place to run about, cycle, go fishing, discover nature and take part in activities.
- Children's play areas, beautiful lakes with plenty of swans, ducks and model boats.
Make a splash!
- We are blessed with some great beaches in White Cliffs Country - each with their own character. For rockpooling, we suggest Kingsdown Beach and St Margaret's Bay. For beachcombing, we think the beaches at Deal, Walmer and Sandwich are ideal.
- The long promenades at Deal and Dover are ideal for buggies, prams and bicycles.
Take a ride/tour
- A unique and exhilarating family experience & a bit of seal spotting.
- Cruise along the river toward Richborough Fort & the seals.
- Enjoy 5 mile round trips on heritage trains, and ride a miniature railway.
- Take a walk on the wild side. Not only is the park home to tigers, penguins, and many other species of animal, but it also has 29 giant dinosaurs on display! Enjoy talks and animal feed times. Kids can go bananas in the safe play area while you can watch nearby with a cup of tea!
- Nearby at Bekesbourne the zoo has over 400 animals, including the largest herd of African elephants in the UK, and more gorillas, tigers, leopards and monkeys than any zoo in the County.
- Imagine you are a lighthousekeeper - enjoy stunning views and fly a kite.
- Archaeological remains - discover a Roman hotel.
Have a go at
Family Friendly Accommodation
Families Welcome award
Of course, this is only just a brief glimpse at all that White Cliffs Country has to offer you!
So our top 3 tips are
- Take a family break in Dover, Deal, Sandwich or surrounding villages. Browse through our Stay section and decide on the perfect accommodation for you and your family!
- There's plenty of things to do for families in the Dover area. Kids and parents alike will enjoy our events so take a look at our What's On listing for details.
- Take a peek at our full list of Local Attractions and Things To Do.