There's a nip in the air... trees, hedgerows and dahlias are a riot of colour, and fields are ploughed. A fresh breeze greets you on the clifftop as you soak up the tranquility of the low sun lighting the panoramic sea view. Autumn has arrived!
Is it time for an autumnal break? Allow yourself to be tempted by our beautiful countryside, stunning seascapes, parks, gardens and historical places of interest - rich in opportunity for adventure and exploring the great outdoors. We have plenty of ideas to help you on your way!
- There's a great choice of Places to Stay in Dover, Deal, Sandwich and the surrounding scenic villages, with options to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Browse through our list of local Attractions. Many continue to open their doors throughout the year.
- In October things turn spooky! Are you feeling brave enough to take on Kent's most haunted castle - Dover Castle? Look out for eerie activities and spine-tingling events at Dover Castle, Walmer Castle, Betteshanger Park and Crabble Corn Mill.
- To appreciate the dramatic colour of the trees and falling leaves why not stroll through the fabulous Pines Garden (and stop for a bowl of homemade soup!)? Kearsney Parks, Connaught Park and the gardens at Walmer Castle are all great places to appreciate the perfect blend of colours. Betteshanger Park offers space, walking and cycle routes, and stunning countryside views.
- With plenty of places to Eat and Drink: Restaurants, cosy Tea Rooms, and traditional Pubs and Micropubs offering great hospitality...you'll be feeling very much at home by a mesmerising log fire!
- You'll be spoilt for choice with our selection of walking and cycle routes. Pop in to White Cliffs Country Visitor Information Centre and Dover Museum to pick up a map. We have details of various walks to meet everyone's needs. Please ask a member of staff who will be happy to help.
- There are plenty of places to enjoy walking with your dog - visit our Pet Friendly section and look out for the Quality in Tourism Pets Welcome logo!
For more ideas, please view our Events page.
And don't forget to visit our top attraction before you leave - the stunning White Cliffs of Dover - open daily!