As lockdown restrictions continue to ease, many of our hospitality businesses have now re-opened and will be delighted to welcome you back for that long awaited break. Of course, our priority is to ensure that we continue to look after our local community, our visitors and the beautiful landscape around us, so we ask you to please follow our and government guidelines to ensure that we all stay safe.
Some of our businesses have been awarded VisitEngland’s ‘We’re Good to Go’ kitemark, showing that they have taken the necessary steps to adhere to Government guidelines and Public Health guidance. This new industry standard mark is a way of providing reassurance to visitors, so keep your eye out for the mark when planning your trip.
We will be regularly updating our website with changes but would recommend that you use it for inspiration but plan ahead and check the sites of the places you want to visit directly, as some will need to be pre-booked in advance.
The following recommendations will help ensure that you have a great and safe time in White Cliffs Country:
- Plan ahead. It is essential to plan ahead and do your research before leaving home, this includes pre-booking your accommodation and any excursions and activities that you are hoping to do. Have a look at our website for inspiration and information.
- Contact businesses. Unfortunately, not everything will be open at this point and some businesses will have altered their opening times, so please check ahead to ensure that you are updated and remain Covid secure.
- Attractions. To avoid queuing and disappointment, many attractions have now introduced online pre-bookable tickets and timed visits to manage visitor numbers. Please check ahead.
- Places to eat and drink. Many will require you to book ahead online or by phone, but if you prefer to take away your food, some of our food businesses now provide this popular option.
- Payment. Over the past few months, contactless payment has become common practice across the country. If you prefer to pay with cash, it will be advisable to check with the business ahead of your purchase.
- Face coverings. Currently in England it is mandatory to wear face masks on public transport and from the 24th July, government guidelines make the wearing of face coverings mandatory in all shops.
Inline with the Government guidance, we recommend that social distancing and hand washing remain the two key actions to help protect everyone and many of our businesses have invested in providing additional hygiene to ensure that Covid secure protocols, to help to keep you safe.
To help make any decisions to travel to White Cliffs Country, we recommend that you read and familiarise yourself with the latest Government guidelines.
Respect, protect and enjoy White Cliffs Country