You've only got to see the national weather forecast and you'll know we tend to have the warmest and sunniest weather here in the South East corner of Kent. Just 21 miles from France, some say there is a distinct Continental feel to our shores.
When summer is in full swing there's nothing better than embracing the outdoor life - watersports, fishing and rockpooling, golf, rambling across the stunning Kent countryside, and cycling along the leafy lanes and tracks.
- An exhilarating RIB ride with Dover Sea Safari.
- A browse in the quirky and independent shops in Deal - antiques, records and vinyl, art and handcrafted items...and bakers, butchers, delis and fishmongers, too.
- Camera in hand, discover the medieval town of Sandwich.
- Take a gentle stroll along the pier at Deal and look back at the stunning coastline.
- Rockpooling at the foot of the white cliffs at St Margaret's Bay...and a spot of lunch at the Coastguard, Mrs Knott's Tearoom at South Foreland Lighthouse, the Cliffe Pub and Kitchen, Pines Garden Tea Room or The House of Hygge.
- Look for summer gardening inspiration by visiting some of our magnificent gardens.
- Enjoy the buzz of our Festivals, Carnivals and Regattas. View our list of Events.
- Our rich heritage is awe-inspiring with castles, forts and an amazing selection of museums. A busy season of re-enactments brings history alive. Follow an Historic Trail.
- There's plenty of children's activities throughout the summer - Visit Samphire Hoe, join the fun of the Green Gang, visit Betteshanger Park.
- Good eating is on the menu at the many pubs, micropubs, restaurants and cafes offering a range of beers, ciders, Kentish Afternoon Teas and delicious fresh seafood dishes.
- With plenty of Fish and Chips shops peppered along the coast, you can really appreciate the flavours whilst sitting on the beach - keep an eye on the local seagulls, though!
- Discover our walking routes. Come along to The White Cliffs Walking Festival in August - everyone is encouraged to come together for walks with stunning coastal or countryside views, and an abundance of flora and fauna! It's a great way to meet other people and make new friends.
- Bring your own bike or hire one and discover White Cliffs Country on two wheels. Stop for a break at the cycling cafe Route One situated along the seafront at Deal.
- Is a walk along the iconic White Cliffs of Dover on your bucket list? Enjoy breathtaking views and an abundance of flora and fauna. Boost your well-being the natural way!
So if you are looking for a great day out, weekend break or UK holiday, then escape to White Cliffs Country. We have a wide selection of places to stay to satisfy every taste and budget.