© Olivia Coburn
Tidal Forecasts for Deal, Dover and Sandwich Bay
Check the tidal forecasts for Deal, Dover and Sandwich Bay.
Please take a look at the RNLI website for more information & advice on Sea Safety. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Check the Tide Timetables below. It can be difficult to enter and leave the water, due to steep shingle beaches, especially during the four hours over the high tide period.
- Never jump off any structure directly into the sea - you can never be sure how deep the water is below.
- Even on a calm day, sea currents, undertow or a sudden change in weather can create life-threatening hazards without warning.
- Even on an apparently warm clear and sunny day, the sea temperature can cause body temperature to drop quickly and fatally.
- It is never safe to go into the sea after drinking alcohol. Even a small amount of alcohol speeds up the onset of hypothermia in cold water.
- Do not use inflatables. Blow-up toys and airbeds are designed for pools, not the sea where they can be swept out easily, away from the shore.
- If you are in trouble, dial 999 and ask for the coastguard.