Cruise Shuttle Bus from Dover Cruise Terminals to the Town Centre and Dover Castle
Shuttle buses operate a ‘hop on’ and ‘hop off’ day service from the Cruise Terminal to Dover's Market Square (Dover town centre, Dover Museum and the Roman Painted House), calling at Dover Castle.
- Services operate from 8am to 6pm
- The buses run every 20 minutes
Cruise Bus Service from Dover Town Centre to the White Cliffs of Dover
- Tickets are £5 - €7 - $8 US dollars
- Your ticket is for the day and you can use it as many times as you like
- Your ticket can be used for the Shuttle buses operating between the Cruise Terminals, Market Square and Dover Castle and the hourly bus service to the White Cliffs of Dover
Tickets are sold by:
- Dover Visitor Information Centre & Dover Museum (cash and cards accepted)
- The driver on the YMS bus (cash only - buses do not have card facilities)
Please check the website www.bluebuscompany.co.uk/blue-bus-company for details or changes to the timetable.
Please note: although walking from the White Cliffs to Dover Castle looks easy and close on the map, the road connecting them has no footway. For safety reasons you are advised to use the shuttle service provided instead of attempting to walk.
Parking (Long term parking)
The following car parks offer secure long term parking:
Within easy access of Kent, London, East Sussex and the Continent, White Cliffs Country is perfect for a great getaway of any length or duration.
Around one hour from central London by train (High Speed 1), connected by two motorways (M20 and M2) and just 75 minutes from Calais on a cross-Channel ferry, White Cliffs Country couldn't be easier to visit, discover and explore.
Dover Cruise Port (Turnaround and Port of Call) and the Channel Tunnel are also only moments away.
Plan your perfect visit by downloading our Visitor Guide packed with ideas and inspiration for great days out, overnight trips and much more.
Whilst you’re here drop into one of the Visitor Information Centres in Dover, Deal and Sandwich for friendly, helpful advice.
There are several taxi firms in Dover.
- Star Taxis: 01304 211111 / 01304 228822
- A2B Cars: 01304 225588
- Central Taxis: 01304 204040 / 01304 240441
- Dover Royal Cars: 0800 5244 305 / 01304 210210
- County Cars & Taxis: 01304 208208 / 01304 202027
- All Destinations: 01304 215936
- Dover Club Travel: 01304 204420
All Taxis are required to have a license.
Please visit the Dover District Council Website for details of taxi operators within White Cliffs Country.
There are several places where you are able to hire a vehicle.