A great place to invest, live, work, visit and learn
White Cliffs Country (Dover District) is a unique destination where coast meets countryside, ancient meets modern, relaxation meets adventure, and England meets Europe. Nationally and internationally significant, the purposeful and playful district covers 123 square miles and represents a great place to invest, live, work, visit and learn. It has a proud past and an exciting future.
Dover District Council is ambitious for the district, as well as the character towns of Dover, Deal and Sandwich, and want to capitalise on the growth potential of targeted investment, regeneration and tourism. Recognising that investment and associated developments can help drive local growth, jobs and prosperity.
Discover the United Kingdom’s Enterprise Coast:
- The ‘Enterprise Coast’ is a strategic location, only 76 miles south east of London and just 21 miles from France;
- Coastal location and lifestyle;
- Fast Motorway Connections via the M2/A2/A299 and M20/ A20;
- High Speed 1 Coast to Capital by train in just over an hour, Dover Priory to St Pancras International;
- Europe on your doorstep with unrivalled connections from the Port of Dover, the busiest roll on/roll off freight and passenger port in Europe;
- UK’s most successful Enterprise Zone at Discovery Park in Sandwich;
- Affordable business locations, office, manufacturing and distribution space and coastal living;
- Significant funding and incentives for new and growing business, including Regional Growth Funds;
- Over 10,000 new homes to be built;
- £250 million Port Expansion to cement Dover’s position as a strategically important international transport hub and 'Britain's Gateway to Europe’;
- Coastal Living combining a world-famous coastline and heritage with idyllic countryside, unique towns and villages;
- Dover Waterfront – plans for a stunning new waterfront strengthening links between the town of Dover, the port and our heritage, by building a land-bridge etc;
- New Vision for Sandwich – plans to protect and showcase Sandwich’s historic environment, to create pedestrian friendly links and encourage more tourist and business activity. (Sandwich Town Council);
- Cycle Friendly Deal – plans to encourage cycling through improvements in infrastructure, visibility, promotion, information, education and continued political support. (Deal Town Council);
- Love Dover – plans to advance citizenship and community development through urban regeneration. (Dover Town Council) • ‘Dover Soul’ - £2.44 million (Coastal Communities Fund) to rejuvenate Dover’s Old Town and Market Square;
- Maison Dieu – working with the Landmark Trust and Heritage Lottery Fund to develop an iconic and significant historical landmark.
For further information please visit the Invest in Dover website.