Education, Learning, Training and Skills
Educational tourism is twofold - attracting & educating visitors and educational based trips. The industry brings high value and high economic benefits and should to be recognised for its importance and reach.
White Cliffs Country (Dover District) has a growing reputation as a great place to learn and study, beyond a visit and the areas obvious links to the national curriculum and school or college day and overnight trips. A new generation of learners are discovering what makes White Cliffs Country great.
We are planning to build stronger relationships with our local educational providers to facilitate future growth, as well as learning, training & skills development, ensuring that the required support is in place to facilitate and nurture opportunity, including progress within the economy. We invite you to join us as we become even greater.
Places to study, learn and develop new skills in White Cliffs Country
- 1x world-class and world-renowned Maritime Skills Academy, welcoming domestic and international visitors and students.
- 1x Technical College, 16+, part of a wider East Kent Group, welcoming domestic pupils from a 20/25 miles radius.
- 2x boarding schools, 11 to 18, welcoming domestic and international pupils.
- 3x grammar schools, 11 to 18, welcoming pupils within catchment area.
- 5x secondary schools, 11 to 18, welcoming pupils within catchment area.
- 41x primary schools, 5 to 11, welcoming pupils within catchment area.
- Kent County Council – Search for a school in Kent. Search Criteria - District: Dover; School Type: Primary
- 2x special schools, welcoming pupils within catchment area.
- 1x independent day and boarding school, 3 to 18, welcoming domestic and international pupils.
- 1x independent day and boarding preparatory school, Nursery to 13, welcoming domestic and international pupils.
- 1x independent preparatory day school, Nursery to 11, welcoming domestic pupils from a 20/25 mile